Saturday, January 19, 2013

Solution For My Hysterics!!

Ever have one of THOSE weeks??

Well, this past week was one of THOSE weeks for me!  We had to suddenly build another chicken coop to bring in four new chickens (one of whom ended up being an unexpected rooster!), aCOWntant Willie was sick, DD#3 had a severe case of poison ivy, DD#1 was sick, we had plumbing problems, electrical problems, car problems, and when aCOWntant Willie wasn't sick and went to work, he was working 12 hour days.  Yuppers, it was a week!


This week it just seemed to be one thing after another until I felt overwhelmed by it all and burst into a fit of alternating hysterical crying and laughing!!  And, oh yes, it was the ugly cry!! :)

So after regaining my composure, I tried to figure out where I went wrong.  I mean, we have had weeks like this one continuously ever since we moved almost a month ago.  What caused me to break on that particular day?

Then it occurred to me that for two days in a row I had let my time alone with the Lord slip by unused.

When I get caught up in trying to rely on my own strength, this is where it gets me...throwing my head on the counter-top and bursting into tears!!  I mean, how in the world can I deal with all of these little problems that keep coming and coming without having any idea of how to solve them or even knowing which to solve first!!!  And if I were to have what we consider to be a "big" problem, I would be completely lost.

Praise God that He is here to help!

There are so many scripture that remind us that we have a source of never-ending strength!

Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

And one of my personal favorites...

Isaiah 40: 28 - 31 - Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

So as I go throughout the crazy days to come, I am going to be more diligent with making sure that every morning begins with alone time with my Savior. 

In my next post, I thought we could talk about what that looks like for me and what it might look like for you!!

See ya then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment