Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More About The Move

Ahh.....I finally figured out that my problem with pictures has to do with my browser, so I was able to add a picture to yesterdays post and some for today!  Hooray!!

Our move ended up being a bit on the crazy side.  One issue came up after another and they kept moving our closing date further back.  We were about to hit a certain date where we would have to pay additional money to keep our interest rate lock and we had decided that we were not going to do that.  Mostly because the mortgage company we worked with was not so great and Farmer Willie said there was no way he would give them any more money!

We knew that the Lord wanted us to move into this house, so we had to just keep praying that He would work it out. Then, on the day before we would lose the lock, they called and said to come in and close!  Good thing we had been packing all along!!

So we finally closed and that afternoon moved everything to the new house.  DD#2, #3 and I arrived before everyone else and boy am I glad we did!  The house was a mess! There was trash and stuff everywhere!!  It has taken us all of two weeks, but I think we finally have cleared out most of their stuff and are beginning to work on ours.
Final packing push!!

Sorting through the things that were left at the new house along with drying out brown material for the compost pile!



I told you yesterday about all of the animals that have decided this must be their home, now let me tell you about the people!

First day we were here, even before our stuff arrived, some of the neighbors stopped by to meet us and bring us a yummy snack!  Next day more neighbors!  I have been shocked at the number of people that have come by, especially since we don't live close to that many people.  They have all been very friendly and readily willing to help!

So let me share with you some of my observations thus far....

  1. I depend on Internet wayyyyy more than I thought!  I was lost for two weeks without my recipes and being able to check the weather and news online!!
  2. It is more fun to exercise/walk when you can hike through the woods!
  3. Most of us go through at least two outfits a day out here.  With all of the work we are doing outside, we are a dirty, dirty bunch!!    
  4. Everyone LOVES the little Baptist church down the street!  Even people that don't go there talk about what a great church it is.  I think we will try it out on Sunday to see what the buzz is about!  The older girls are going to visit their youth group tomorrow :)
  5. I never knew I could work soooo hard!!  But boy howdy am I sore!
  6. It is difficult to get a compost pile working when it is so cold outside!
  7. You CAN chainsaw a huge hot tub and fit it into two loads in the minivan!!  Who knew??!!
  8. Well water is yummy!
  9. It is nice to wake up early each day because you are so excited about the day.
  10. It is fun to go on walks around our property and find new things that you did not know were there!!




Thing that I have enjoyed the most is the slower pace and shift of focus.  It is crazy to say we have a slower pace being that we are working like crazy, but we are able to focus on one task and follow it through and there is a lot of satisfaction in that!!

Today we finish up the hen house!!  Can't wait to show you that tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment