Tuesday, March 26, 2013

God Shows Up In Oklahoma!!

Catchy title isn't it??!!  Well, this is one of those posts that I REALLY want you to read!!  And I REALLY want you to share it!! 

Why?  Because when God chooses to blast a message through this thick skull of mine, it is always meant to be shared with others.

My two oldest daughters are involved in a speech and debate league.  They compete as a team in team policy or CX debate.  This year, after much prayer on which case to use, the Lord led them to write their own case about a topic that has become dear to our hearts. 

So...they spent hours and hours and HOURS researching and writing this case in August and September.  When they presented it the first time, it was passionate and straight from the Lord to their hearts and out of their mouths.  An example of the Lord using His people in the purest form, through a child. 

They took their case to two practice tournaments and did great with it.  People were talking and asking them questions about the subject of their case afterwards.  They were getting people to think!

Then we moved....boxes were packed and some of them actually managed to stay packed!!  As was the case with their debate box.  They pulled it out last month only because when they signed up for their club, the committed to attending one practice tournament and one actual tournament and they needed to fulfill that obligation. 

So, only two days after pulling out the box and looking through it all, we went a a tournament in Texas.  The tournaments are three days with the last day being slotted for final rounds.  We packed for two knowing that they would get cut quickly.  Not because we did not have confidence in their ability but because they honestly had not even looked at any of it for four months! 

They were okay with this because they just figured this years debate was over due to circumstances and it would begin anew this summer. 

Well....then they made the first cut into the double octofinals.  We had already packed the car and were ready to head home when the announcement came.  They were cut soon after, but in making the first cut, they qualified for the regional tournament in May.

Okay, so you might think, just ditch regionals and be done with it.  Well, it is not that easy, as their advancement took the spot away from someone else, so we all felt that they were obligated to work hard and do their best.  But the biggest reason for the renewal was that it was a reminder that this was not their message, but one they felt was from the Lord and He wanted it spread further!

With a new fire lit, they went to work!  There was another tournament in Oklahoma two weeks later that they wanted to attend in order to get some practice.  Boy howdy they worked!  I think they spent every available minute working on preparing for OK.



Now, zip ahead two weeks and we are at the tournament.  They worked so hard the first two days.  They just poured themselves into each round.  So, octo finals are announced and they did not break. 

They were really disappointed.  Then, when they got their sheets back at the end of the tournament, they looked and found out that they had a HORRIBLE tournament!!  And when they presented their case, no one ever even commented on the content of it.  They were so sad.  You put all this work into something and not only are you not successful, but you don't get your message across!

So, driving home on Sunday we talked about it and what they were going to do different, how they would change their case, etc.  As we were driving, I suddenly had a thought of the Lord and how He must feel about this.

I know that He knows the final plan and that it is to prosper the girls, not to harm them, but I also thought about how it must have hurt His heart the night before to see them sad.  It was hard to drive and hold back the tears after this thought.

After sharing it with the girls, they got to talking about the fact that they let their purpose and thoughts stray from the original one He gave them.  It became more about winning. 

Then DD #2 shared some words to a song that she thought should become their debate theme song.  It is by TobyMac and is called "Steal My Show."  We agreed that was the perfect song and motto for the rest of the debate season!

At this time, we were driving through a very desolate part of Oklahoma and were not picking up a radio signal.  I told the girls it would be cool to hear the song, so suggested that we try to find a radio station.  DD #1 pushed scan 1 time and it landed on a Christian station and guess which song had just begun??  Yes!!  Steal My Show!!  It was as if the Lord was letting them know that this was the way He wanted them to proceed!!  Well, then tears were had all around and we jammed out to the following....



Some of the lyrics to Steal My Show :
No matter who we are
No matter what we do
Every day we can choose
To say..

If you wanna steal my show
I’ll sit back and watch you go
If you got something to say
Go on and take it away
Need you to steal my show
Can’t wait to watch you go oh oh oh
So take it away

My life!
My pride!
My heart!
It’s all yours now
Take it away

My fame!
My feet!
My family, my career
Take it away
Take it away
It’s all yours now
So take it away
Take it away
It’s you I wanna live for
 
 
This is me talking again, and I just want to say....GOD ROCKS!!!  I am making a sign that says Steal My Show and hanging it on my bathroom mirror.  What a great way to face each day that the Lord gives us!!
 
See ya later!
K

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had documented all the times God has done this exact thing for me! Thanks for sharing it! I agree that He is awesome! You and your girls sweet sensitive heart for God is also awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, that is one of the things I am trying to be more purposeful in!! He moves mightily, and so many times I forget :(

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete