Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall on the Farm - Living Room

Mmmm..........FUN last few days with my mom, but now it is back to work!!  Goats are outside trying to bring themselves to come out of the goat shed and face the cooler weather we are having this morning!!

It is officially 48* in our neck of the woods and the animals are moving slow today!!

So while I wait for them to get moving, I thought I would share how our home is decorated for the fall.

Today I will show you the living room.  Here is an overview pic of what it looks like.


Our living room is super hard to arrange because we don't really have any walls.  You see the two sets of French doors on the one side and the other side that has the fireplace and built-in shelves.  There is also a large window on the left side of the shelves that you can't see in the picture.

The wall that the piano is on has about 5 feet of wall, the rest is floor to ceiling window. 

And the fourth side is no wall at all, just built-in bookshelves and a window seat.

So, super hard to arrange, but I love all of the windows!!


I had a lot of fun decorating the mantle for fall!!  The mantle is pretty large and the wall above it goes up forever!!  So I have a lot of room to play :)


Close-up of the wreath.


Farmer Willie, Tori and I made this super cool table out of things we found around the house!!  The frame is from an old outdoor table that the former owners left.  Then Tori pulled wood planks off of some old pallets for the top.  William cut them down, screwed them in and tah-dah....we have a table!!  I still need to apply a sealant on the top though.


This is the window that I told you about which is on the left side of the built-in shelves.  I found these two pews on the side of the road!  Can you believe that someone was going to throw them away??!!  I still have some plans to cutify them, but they work well for now!

I hope you have enjoyed checking out what we have going on over here!!

Talk to you soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment