Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Care Packages for College Students

I came across an article on msnbc.com today taking about sending care packages to college students.  It was kinda funny that I ran across it because we are finishing up a little Halloween care package to send to Brianna today!!

Most of the people that the author interviewed (parents of college students) were pro care packages, even if they themselves did not have the time or money to send them.  I was surprised to find that some parents thought that they were a waste of time.

They said things like "they are too old for silly stuff like that" and that college kids were "not at a summer sleep away camp." 

Humph!!  I am in my forties and I still LOVE getting packages!!

And I must admit, I really enjoy sending them.

I think it lets Bri know that she is loved and thought of daily.  It gives her a little hug from home in a box!!

I enjoy the process of purchasing items for our care packages, and her sisters like getting in on the action!!  I feel like she is an active part of my day when I am able to search for and put the items together.

The first package we sent her was full of things she forgot to bring as well as lots of candy, treats and surprises!!

The second one had some fall décor in it, fall baked goods and some trinkets.

The one we are sending today will be for Halloween!  It has Halloween treats, a little pumpkin, a Halloween straw and some souvenirs that her sister and I picked up for her last week in Belize!!  Oh, also a couple of long sleeve shirts she asked for due to the cooler weather :)


Brianna's care package that is going out today!!

This is her first Halloween away from home and though I know she will have a blast with her friends, I just want her to know that she is on our minds as we head out to trunk-or-treat at church!!


No comments:

Post a Comment