Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Perfect Expression of Morning....written by my daughter Tori

My daughter, Tori, wrote this today during her personal time with the Lord and she allowed me to share it with you!

I am sharing it with you for several reasons.

First, I don't think I have ever read a more accurate description of mornings on the farm! 

Second, Tori is the one person that has struggled with our move.  It brings joy to my heart to hear that the Lord is taking this fashion forward, germ-a-phobic, city girl and gently showing her the peace and joy in following His will and His plan.

God is good and is faithful to deliver us.....even in the mornings!!


To Wake Up
Tori Huckabee

People tend to be wary or even say they hate to wake up early
I think this is their loss because they don't understand.
See, I wake up early most every day.
I get to see and experience things as they snore away.
I'm told to rise and shine before the sun ever considers to.

I pray away my grogginess before I push my covers away.
I like to think God smiles down on me as He helps me out of bed.
When I wake up early the Son greets me face to face, not sun through the shades.
People associate the night with darkness, but if they were up early, they'd know they're wrong.

The stars and moon are the brightest an hour before dawn.
The poor people that sleep the morning away don't know what they're missing.
They miss seeing the bunnies hop across the field.
They miss seeing playing goats and prancing deer.
They'll never get to see the white flower illuminated by the silver moon.

But I do.

I get to wake the crickets up, and watch the nocturnal hunt, and the moon travel across the sky.
I get to sing the birds awake.
Tell the sun to rise and shine, and I get to hear the world wake up before I ever see it's true.
I get to see the sun's rays split the sky as if they were knives.
Those who never see a chicken with a bedhead are really missing out!


So next time you go to set your alarm clock, consider what I'm about to say.
God made the early morning special, not something to sleep away.
You can get over the grogginess....just pray!



No comments:

Post a Comment