Monday, September 16, 2013

My Encounter With The Lord

This morning we wrapped up our worship time and had just begun our individual time with the Lord when I began to write out a prayer to God about some things that have been on my mind.  In the middle of that prayer, God gave me an answer, so I wrote it down as I heard it.

It is a very personal journal entry, but I feel like it is something that needs to be shared and might be of some help to someone else struggling.

May it bless you the way it did me.

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God, For to You I will pray.
My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;
 In the morning I will direct it to You and I will look up."
  Psalm 5: 1-3


9/16/2013
Kristi - God, I feel like I need so much right now, yet I am acutely aware of how blessed I am and how little I need in comparison to so many.  At times I feel guilty coming to You.

Some of the problems I've caused myself.  No clothes because I have overeaten and gained weight.  No money because of overspending.

Do you help us even when it is our fault?



God - It is all your fault.  All sin, sickness, pain, sorrow...even death is your fault.  If you have sinned, it is your fault. And all have sinned.

My provision, grace and mercy are for the sinner.  Struggles of the flesh, struggles with the enemy, they are all a result of sin.

You don't earn my gifts.  They are not a salary which you work for.

They are gifts, which I purchased for you with the blood of my Son.

I knew the path you would choose, the mistakes you would make, the sins you would hide, yet I paid the high price to purchase those gifts just for you.

Sit down and unwrap them slowly.  Appreciate even the special way I wrapped it for you.  There is joy, too, in the process.

You did not earn these.  You couldn't.
You did not ask for these.  You wouldn't know to.

Just accept them and be thankful.

My grace is sufficient.


No comments:

Post a Comment