Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Day in the Life....

Some have asked what our day looks like.  Well... for the most part, no day is the same!!  But this is what we strive for :)

4:45 - I am up and doing work on the computer.  Usually finishing up a blog post, paying bills, etc.  I  also put on a load of laundry.
5:30 - Time with the Lord.  I begin by reading the Word for a while.  Then I write in my journal and spend  some time praying and listening.


6:00 - The girls get up.  We get dressed, make beds and pick up rooms.
6:30 - We all have a Bible reading and time in prayerRight now we are reading through the book of Daniel.
7:00 - Short hike together.
7:30Prepare and eat breakfast followed by clean up..
8:15 - Girls work on various subjects while I flutter in and out helping whomever needs help
11:30 - I prepare lunch while girls continue to work.
12:00 - Eat lunch and clean up.
12:45 - Quiet time for everyone!!  During this time I read or check email.  DD #2 usually grabs a quick nap, while the other girls read or play quietly.  Our rules for this time is that whatever you do must be done quietly and alone.  Everyone needs some alone time, but in a family of six, that is sometimes hard to come by, so we schedule it in :)
1:45 - Most schoolwork is done before lunch.  In the afternoon the two older girls work on anything they did not finish or they work on their team policy debate.  Most of the time it is debate :)  The two younger girls and I work on some type of project together, be it baking, something outside, errands, etc.
3:45 - Family project This just depends on what needs done around here.  Sometimes it is gardening, painting the shed, burning brush form the burn pile, weeding the flower beds and so on. 
5:00One of the girls and I prepare dinner while the others have a bit of free time.
5:30 - Dinner!!
6:00 - Girls clean kitchen while Farmer Willie and I take some time to visit after his arrival home :)
6:30 - Family time!!  This can be taking a hike together, sitting and worshipping outside by the fire pit, watching American Idol (this is the one show that we watch on our antenna tv!  Love me some  Idol!!), reading a book aloud or something of that sort.  We all really enjoy this time together!!  The other night we had graham crackers and milk and played a card game called Liar!!


7:30 - Evening chores and pick up.
8:00The younger two girls get bathed and ready for bed while the older two have a bit of free time.
8:30 - My youngest goes to bed while her older sisters have a little bit of quiet/calm free time.
9:00 - DD #3 goes to bed while her older sisters start bed prep.
10:00 - Everyone is in bed and conked out!!

Like I said, we very rarely achieve our ideal day, but this is how we try to structure our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment