Saturday, November 3, 2012

Who the Heck is This Girl??!!

Howdy!

You might be wondering who in the world I am and why on earth you would want to read about my family's transition from city slickers to country bumpkins! Well, let me answer those two questions for you.

First, my name is Kristi. I am Texas born and bred!! Now, apparently some people associate Texas with cowboys and horses, but I can assure you that is not the part of Texas that I have experience with. I am a city slicker through and through! I have ridden a horse once, when I was a tween and cried the whole time because he took off running! Now, my mom swears to this day that the creature was trotting, not running, but my memory (and I must admit that my memory is wayyy better than my moms at this point!) is of a mad, dashing, run!!

Okay, back on topic...who am I? Besides being a city slickin' Texan, I am a wife to my hubby of almost 19 years. I will refer to him from this time forward as the Accountant Cowboy!! Think that is too long of a name? Well, how about AcCOWtant!! (I am way too funny sometimes!) Okay, let's just stick with Willie :) (My girls love the character Willie from the Love Comes Softly Series and decided that since we are becoming country folk, he should take on that name.)

So, after being a wife, I am also a home-schooling mom of four daughters. Daughter #1, whom we will call Dreamer, is a senior in high-school this year! She actually has home-schooled all of the way through (except a semester in the second grade), done well on the SAT and received a few scholarship offers. I take this accomplishment of hers as my "I did not totally screw them up" card!!

Daughter #2 is going to be known as Rose. She is a sophomore and is as pretty and sweet as they come, but has a bit of feistiness in her!! Daughter #3, Bubble, is a boy wanna be in the fifth grade! She likes fishing, hunting and nothing that is frilly or pink! Daughter #4, otherwise known as Baby is in second grade and for some reason, no one else sees her as a baby! But her mommy does!!

Now you know that I am a married mom of four and I home-school my girlies, so why should you care about our transition experience from suburbia to farm? First I hope that you will learn something along with me! As we try different ideas, fail some and succeed in others, you can learn too! What will you learn? A little bit about a lot! Selling a house, buying a farm, gardening, parenting, homeschooling, cooking, canning, eating (or trying really hard to eat) whole foods, being a wife and serving God!

Second, come and be entertained!! If I can give you a smile or two a few times a week, it will be considered a success!

So now it is your choice. You can choose to never come back to this blog and mock my very existence (I know you would not really do that!), or you can come back, hang your hat, pull up a chair and chit-chat over coffee (or really strong tea) with me about this adventure we call life!!

Personally, I am hoping you come back!!

See y'all later!! (Hopefully!!)

3 comments:

  1. I pray for Grace and Joy on this journey you are embarking on. Living in the country where you can look around and see God's beauty all around is just amazing. You will be so very blessed by this experience. God be with you! Love you girly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormy,
      Thank you! You guys are living out in the country now right? I might be hitting you up for advice!! :) I miss you friend!

      Delete
  2. Kristi
    You are so funny. We did live in the country for a year, that was before we moved to Missouri. However have lots of advise as we both grew up in the country.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete