Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Farming Update

Can you believe that we have been here on the farm for almost 6 months??!!  I sure can't!

Each day has been an adventure :)  This spring it has been so neat to see all of the trees, flowers and grass come to life!!

As you know, we are down to just three chickens.  We did their yearly deworming, so we have been eggless for a couple of weeks.  I think after this week we will start to eat the eggs again.  They say you only need to wait two weeks, but we are waiting three just to be safe.

We are looking at adding a slew of broiler chickens and increasing our egg layers over the next couple of weeks, as well as adding the two goats I told you about.  Fencing has been a major issue around here and has been causing lots of grief for us!!

With our daughter's graduation, prepping to head out on a mission trip, debate tournaments, etc., we are having trouble fitting everything in and that is frustrating.  But a sweet friend has been encouraging me to just take it one day and step at a time and rest in the fact that the Lord will carry us through!!

So, have you ever tried to take it one day at a time??!!  CRAZY hard isn't it??  It certainly does not sound like it would be difficult.  In fact, you would think that it would be easy...but no!  Hard it is!!

So many scriptures tell us to embrace the concept of one day at a time, such as:


"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matt. 6:34).

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow . . ." (Matt. 5:33).

"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things" (Matt. 5:31-32).


Why in the world is this so hard? 

I guess it is because I like how it sounds but...

I want a plan. 
I want control. 
I want security. 
I want to know that what I do today will benefit in some way my tomorrow.

Ummmm.....see a theme here?  How about "I"...."I"..."I"...??  Instead of Him...Him...Him.

So I am learning that plans and security are great, but I need to make sure that they are His plans and that I am finding my security in Him, not in what I can or cannot do.

I will find what work I can that needs to be done and I will do it.  I will make plans for tomorrow, but only after consulting Him.  And if those plans don't turn out the way that I think they should, I will rest in the security of knowing that His plans are better than mine!!

So today I will work on organizing the laundry room and setting family and personal goals for the summer.


But I don't start with a pen and paper to make my list. 
No, I start with a prayer. 

And I won't finish when I run across the finish line. 
No, I will finish when He carries me across!


(As you can see, it definitely needs organized!!)















No comments:

Post a Comment